Thursday, September 5, 2013

5 months

Can it be?! I haven't posted in 5 months?! I must admit that it has not been pure laziness alone. I just haven't taken pictures lately.
I've lost inspiration. There is so much beauty, all around me, but I fail to see it sometimes. It all looks the same.

This scripture comes to mind:

 "What has been will be again,  
  what has been done will be done again;  
  there is nothing new under the sun."
                                     Ecclesiastes 1:9 

"Nothing new". Nothing.
Which can be a sad, sobering thought. 
We all desperately desire to be unique, to be inspired.

But how can we expect individuality? We were never promised this. We have been promised something much greater. 

Salvation.

Not originality, but likeness. To the most beautiful being in all of time. 
Mere mortals, created from dirt, with no hope of satisfaction in our meager attempts at uniqueness, now have a greater hope. A greater purpose. To seek His face and be with Him one day in Glory

To be like My Lord.

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison..."
2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Those are my poorly written, random, sobering thoughts today.
Inspiration comes in waves, I cannot promise consistency, but I will be making more of an effort.
There is so much to experience in this brief existence. I am an explorer. I am different, because of Christ. I am hopeful.

Pictures coming soon.
-Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment